Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Vegan Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins


What else is there to whip up when you have ripe bananas other than good ol' banana muffins??

I just found a new website tonight and I think I am officially obsessed! It is veganyumyum! Wow, this girl has some awesome recipes..and they are all vegan! This particular recipe was not on there, so I searched online and found one I liked. I changed just a couple things, like I do not have whole wheat flour so I used all-purpose.

I just ate one fresh out of the oven and they are YUMMY! So, the next time you have some ripe bananas, forget the eggs and milk and whip up these easy, delicious vegan muffins!

Adapted from gleek.net's flickr
Makes 10 large muffins

Ingredients:

3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oats 
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin tins or use paper liners.

Mash bananas in a bowl. Mix in oil, sugar and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are done and slightly browned on top.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Those look INSANELY DELICIOUS! I'm going to have to whip up a batch of these for my brother!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great recipe to share - and I'm digging the fact that they are vegan!!

Gillian said...

Yippee! I love vegan baking and those sound fantastic (bananas are perfect since they are an instant egg sub) :)

Loving the name of that website - veganyumyum... lol ;)

Snooky doodle said...

these muffins looks so so good :)