Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Double Chocolate Bundt Cake


Well, I wasn't planning on using Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate Cake" recipe until later this week for cupcakes, but when my husband asked me to bake a chocolate bundt cake, I decided to try out the recipe now! Wow, I am so glad he saved me a piece (he brought it to work today) because it was definitely perfectly chocolatey! ;) The changes I made to the recipe are that I added sour cream and chocolate chips.

Thank you again to TPOX for my brand new bundt pan which she sent me for the WC Holiday Exchange. Here is the first of many bundt cakes that I will make with it! :)

Adapted from hersheys.com

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
(I used 1%)
1/2 cup vegetable oil 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream (I added this)
1 cup chocolate chips (I added this)
1 cup boiling water
confectioners sugar

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, sour cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin) and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan. 

Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar.

5 comments:

Stefany said...

YAY! It looks gorgeous!

Maryanna said...

That looks great. A nurse I used to work with would make these for me on different occasions, and it always made me so happy!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Now this is a great bundt cake simply because its double chocolate :) I find myself enjoying bundt cakes more than traditional cakes because of the shape. Even non frosted it looks beautiful!!

Kira said...

Awesome! More bundt cakes!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! I LOVE bondt cakes!!!