Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lemon Bundt Cake with Glaze


My great friend Kacy at work let me borrow her Bundt pan after much begging. :) I decided to bring this lemon cake as a breakfast treat during one of our HR meetings and it went over very well. Everyone loved it!  Goes great with your morning coffee or tea. Two things I will change next time: I will definitely add more lemon juice & zest to the cake mixture, for more lemon flavor, and also more milk for texture. 

Oh, and I now have my very OWN Bundt pan (thanks to Stefany!) so next up is my Mom's very own banana bread recipe. I can't wait!!

Adapted from about.com

Ingredients:

Cake:
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
(next time I will do 1/2 cup)
5 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
grated lemon zest from 1 large lemon
(next time I will do 1 cup)

Glaze:
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 F. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the 1/2 cup lemon juice until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the milk. Stir in lemon zest. Pour batter into a greased 12-cup Bundt cake pan.

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched. Cake will slightly pull away from sides of pan. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan; invert and cool completely on metal rack.

Glaze:
Blend confectioners sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loooooove bundt cake! And this is SOO pretty! Perfect for a brunch or a casual meal's dessert. yum!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

That is a beautiful bundt! I'm not a fan of bundts that are heavy on the glaze but this one is just perfect!!

Kira said...

I love bundt cakes too! I have several on my blog that are delicious if you want to try some others. They're perfect for the holidays, so easy to cart places.

Stefany said...

HA! At first I thought DANG you put that to use fast! At least you don't have to borrow one anymore! The cake looks great :-)