Saturday, November 29, 2008

Zucchini Crusted Pizza


I got this recipe from one of the gals on the WC board. I've not eaten much with zucchini so I wanted to try it. It was a yummy, healthy, homemade pizza!

Adapted from Branny

Ingredients:

3 cups zucchini (or a combo of zucchini and carrots)
1/3 cup flour
1 egg and 2 egg whites, beaten
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used a combo of soy cheddar and regular cheddar)
salt
pepper

Directions:

Shred veggies and add salt and pepper. Let drain 15 minutes. Once drained, combine with flour and eggs to form dough. Pre-bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 F. Top with desired sauce, pizza toppings and cheese. Bake until bubbly.

Helpful hint: Pre-bake on a greased pan and then transfer to a preheated pizza stone for a nice, crispy crust.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I hope to make this soon too! It looks wonderful :)