Monday, October 27, 2008

Lower Fat Oatmeal Cinnamon Muffins

I saw this recipe on veniceforever's blog and had to try it! The only change I made was that I added 1/4 c Pumpkin Pecan Butter, because I had it left over. She suggested adding 1/3 c mini chocolate chips, which I think would be delicious as well. Enjoy!



From the blog Lovestoeat 

Ingredients:

1 c milk  
1 c quick cooking oats
1 c all-purpose flour  
1/4 c white sugar
2 tsp baking powder  
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 c canola oil

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine oats and milk; let soak for 15 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil; stir in oatmeal mixture. In a third bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir flour ingredients into wet mixture until combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full. 
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those looks soooo good!! I want a bite of one right now! Ps - YAY on starting a blog, Tiff!!!

Tiffany and Ganesh said...

Aww. Thank you, Katie! You were one person who definitely inspired me to do so!